Terms & Conditions
- All fees are subject to V.A.T currently 20%
- Fees are determined on a case by case basis and are determined by the nature of the condition, drugs and materials used.
- Written estimates are usually provided for all procedures and itemised invoices provided on completion of all procedures/treatments. Due to the nature of our work costs can increase if unforeseen circumstances arise or the treatment requires further investigation. We will always try to contact you to discuss any change to the agreed treatment, plan or costs.
- Detailed invoices can also be provided for all cases on request.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- We ask that your account is settled in full at the end of each consultation, on discharge of your pet, or on collection of food or medication.
- You may settle your account by cash, cheque (with a guarantee card), or credit/debit card (Switch, Solo, Delta, Mastercard or Visa).
- If for any reason your account has not been settled, you will be issued a bill by post within the following days. Should the account remain unpaid, further invoices will be sent which will incur an administration charge. Overdue accounts will the passed to a debt collection service, which will incur considerable further cost to you.
- If you think you will be unable to pay your bill, please inform a member of staff as soon as possible.You may ask to speak to a member of staff in private if you prefer not to discuss this in reception.
FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- We welcome feedback – good or bad! Please let us know what you think, to help us continue to improve our service to you. You can leave feedback by letter, on our website at www.oldstonevets.co.uk.
- If you are dissatisfied with our service, please make your complaint known to the practice manager. Any written letters of complaint will be acknowledged within five working days.
- We will never pass on your personal details to a third party, or discuss your pets details with anyone unless you have given your consent.
- If your pet is referred to a specialist then your pets history and any tests results or x-rays will be passed on with your permission. Your clinical records including any x-rays remain the property of Old Stone Vets Practice.
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- By registering you agree to the terms and conditions of business.
- We require a clinical history check from previous vets for new clients. It is a condition of registration that you consent to a financial reference being provided from previous veterinary practices, and consent to the disclosure of this information. Unsatisfactory references may result in your registration being declined. Please ensure you allow enough time for us to obtain your history and reference before making an appointment.
- We do occasionally take on clients from further afield, however please be aware that we would not be able to carry out house visits outside these areas (see House visits).
- We would strongly recommend that if you are outside our area, that you plan to make alternative arrangements for visits should your pet be unable to travel.
- The best facilities for treatment of your pet are in the veterinary surgery. We recommend that in most occasions you bring your pet to the surgery for examination and treatment. However, there are occasionally circumstances when home attendance may be more appropriate. Please call us to discuss this, if you think this is the case.
- If you request a home visit, we appreciate as much notice as possible to help us accommodate your request.
This is particularly important if you live some distance from the practice.
- Visiting pets at home takes much longer than at the surgery. We respectfully advise that home visits are more costly for this reason.
- As a mixed practice, we treat farm animals in our daily routine. As farm work constitutes a business arrangement between our practice and our client, we allow treatments and medications provided to be paid on account. Our terms are strictly 30 (thirty) days from the date of invoice for all farm animal accounts. This is applicable to all farms (large or small) and unfortunatley we are unable to visit or dispense further medications should the account remain unpaid beyond 30days of invoice date.
- For those farm clients who wish to save extra each month, we offer a 5% discount off all fee’s & drugs purchased on account if the account is cleared by the 15th day of the month following. This discount availability will be printed on your monthly invoice particular to your amount owing
- The dispensing of medications for food animal usage, is tightly controlled as you would expect. We therefore can prescribe medications for any animals if treated “under veterinary surgeon care or supervision”. This means that we must visit your premises or see a proportionate number of animals from your farm at least every 12months. Without this criteria fulfilled, we will be unable to prescribe fiurther medications.
- Unfortunately we do NOT run an accounts system for euqine clients, or for equine work carried out by Old Stone Vets.
- We will carry out visits and appropriate consultations, procedures and dispense suitable medications usually at your premises. We offer a wide range of general equine practice services. We do not have any surgical knock down facilities and may need to refer your horse to a more specialised veterinary centre should the need arise.
- We will invoice you directly within the next few days and request payment by return post or by card over the telephone. If your horse is referred to any other veterinary centre, then we would expect you to settle your account directly with them.